International Old Lacers, Inc. (I.O.L.I.) is an association of people
who share an interest in the beauty and intrigue of lace. Members
study and recreate historic old laces or design and make new contemporary
pieces. They also collect old lace to preserve examples of an art and craft
from ages gone by.
Why Charter with I.O.L.I.? Requesting a charter indicates that a group
Benefits of Chartering with International Old Lacers, Inc. include:
supports the purpose of International Old Lacers, Inc. in perpetuating
the collection and study of lace and the making and teaching of all techniques
related to lacemaking.
- … a complimentary copy of the I.O.L.I. Bulletin for the group library.
- … a "Charter Chapter President" pin and gavel to pass on to each succeeding chapter president. "Past President of Charter Chapter" pins are available from the I.O.L.I. Supply Chairman for a nominal fee to present to outgoing presidents.
- … a beautiful charter to display a local events.
- … two complimentary copies of the official I.O.L.I. poster to use at local lace days and demonstrations.
- … special recognition of your group as a charter chapter in the annual I.O.L.I. Members' Handbook.
- … feature recognition of your charter chapter events and activities in the I.O.L.I. Bulletin.
- … preference in any situation where a choice must be made between a charter chapter and a non-charter group (i.e., two groups applying to host the same I.O.L.I. Convention).
- … liaison to I.O.L.I. through the office of the First Vice-President. The First Vice President of I.O.L.I. is your chapter contact and will assist you with questions about lacemaking and lacemaking events.
Requirements of Chartering can be met with a few easy steps:
1) Request an "Application for Charter Chapter" packet from the current First Vice-President of I.O.L.I.
2) Submit the completed application form and a copy of your group's bylaws for review. Charter group bylaws must
meet certain requirements and must not conflict with the I.O.L.I. bylaws. Specific guidelines for bylaws will be provided
with the "Application for Charter Chapter" packet.
3) Charter Chapters of I.O.L.I. must maintain a minimum of three members who are also I.O.L.I. members. The Charter
Chapter President and the Charter Chapter Contact Person are strongly encourage to be current I.O.L.I. members for
4) Update Charter Chapter information annually. The First Vice-President of I.O.L.I. will contact your chapter requesting
updated information about your chapter for the yearly I.O.L.I. Members' Handbook.
For more information, please contact:
Shemene Peckman, Vice President
Back to IOLI Home Page